Thursday, May 17, 2012

Connection and Families

My goal with Peak Play is to enhance connections through play.  I'd like to work with families who have everyday struggles involving listening, communication, trust, honestly, respect etc.  By giving families a safe space to share their thoughts, highlight their strengths, and be heard, allows for some of those walls to come down.  By playing, you are welcoming creativity and acting on your words and thoughts.  Play is fun, interactive and engaging.  When you add a 3rd party facilitator who mediates the group, keeps things moving and asks questions, you now can unite as a group and work towards a common goal together.  Have you ever noticed how a parent can say something, but if the child hears it from someone other than the parent, they all of a sudden "get it"?  

Peak Play aims to create fun, engaging games and activities while facilitating dialog and discussion.

"I hear and I forget.  I see and I remember.  I do and I understand." 
~Chinese poet and philosopher Lao-tse

No comments:

Post a Comment